This weekend definitely too late, I’d say we’d need at least 3 weeks to prep for the race,
let me see if there’re any volunteers...
Sounds good. Windguru thinks wind for Saturday. NOAA should weigh in tomorrow with a forecast through Saturday. If you are thinking this weekend, obviously it would be pretty loosely organized. As far as a future event, more organized, it sounds good. Do it. I'll help with the emails. Pick a date. Next organized race is the end of February in Sarasota.
----- Original Message -----From: skapulTo: Ron KernSent: Monday, January 09Subject: Re: Alex Caviglia RaceHere’s the link, where causeway group have discussed possibility of the race,long distance for all sailing levels. There still some interest. Event permit with Ovidio’s help would cost ~$350,We’d need 1-2 support boats, 2-3 buoys and some door prices.Hi,If you haven't heard, the Alex Caviglia Race is not happening on the originally proposed date. I spoke to Silvia Caviglia and the Surf Expo is the same weekend as the race would have been. This year as Shake A Leg was not a major part of the regatta so her help was coming from people involved in the Expo so it couldn't happen. Still in the planning stages is another date, early October is being discussed, but 2013 is looking good. Silvia has listened to our concerns of race management and launching issues and is planning to address those for a better next regatta. Always a worthy cause the regatta is planned with love, the memory of Alex Caviglia, the windsurfing and water community in mind. We're looking forward to news on the upcoming event.Depending on the forecast is there any interest in an impromptu event of some sort to replace the ACBC event? Let me know those interested can put our heads together and see if we can have some fun and make something happen.Later,Ron